These resources help you get students enrolled and working on their first write-review-revise cycle in Eli Review.
- Setting up the Eli Review App
- Student Registration Resources
- Incorporating Eli Review into Your Classroom
- Learning More
Setting Up the Eli Review App
Creating an account begins at https://app.elireview.com. Then, follow these steps:
* Free two weeks – instructors can start two weeks of free access that will give students full access to participate in courses without buying a subscription. Learn more about free two weeks.
** About subscriptions – Eli Review is a subscription-based service. Some schools purchase subscriptions in bulk for students; if not, students purchase subscriptions individually. Learn more about subscriptions or pricing.
Student Registration Resources
These resources explain to students how to create an account, join a course*, and subscribe.
*To join your course, students need to course code that appears at the top of the Roster tab in Eli Review. All of the resources below should be customized to include your specific course code.
Cut-and-Paste Language for Syllabi, Email, Handouts, Etc
This language can be copied-and-pasted directly from this page into a student document to help instruct them to sign up for Eli and get enrolled in your course.
Eli Review is an online course tool that helps us learn to get better at giving feedback and revising. These steps explain how to create an account, join a course, subscribe, and submit tasks.
- Go to https://app.elireview.com.
- Click the “New to Eli Review? Sign up!” button to create your account. Be sure to choose the “Student” option. Consider using your school email, but any address will work.
- Join our course: In the box labeled “Ready to join a course?,” enter this course code: aaaa###bbbbb
Note: be sure to customize step 3 with the roster code from your course
- For students who will use EITHER PayPal or Bookstore access codes
- For students whose subscriptions are covered by institutional purchase
Incorporating Eli Review Into Your Classroom
When you invite a technology into your classroom, you invite its pedagogy too. Eli Review is both a tool and a writing pedagogy.
Ready to start using Eli Review? We are eager to consult with teachers looking to get great results with Eli Review. But, if you’re looking to get started on your own, here are three small, achievable goals, and the steps you can take to reach them:
|Small, Achievable Goals||Steps You Can Take|
You can contact Wil Mierz, Eli’s director of professional development, and:
- get feedback on your task design
- walk through your course data
- plan to share Eli Review with colleagues
Have any additional questions about how to use Eli Review? Contact us at [email protected].