“The only important thing about feedback is what students do with it.”
–Dylan William, “The Secret of Effective Feedback,” ASCD 73.7, April 2016
Our new browsable comment digest feature lets instructors see all the feedback students are sharing in one, easy to scroll view. And best of all, you can sort the feedback to highlight what writers plan to use for revision. To see this new feature in action, follow these steps:
- Navigate to any review task (yellow) in any course.
- Select the Reviewer Feedback tab.
- Scroll to the comment digest section.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Added to Revision Plan.”
Reading all the comments based on writers’ plan to use helps instructors pay attention to:
- Which criteria and suggestions are inspiring writers’ revisions
- How reviewers phrase their feedback to motivate revision
- whether writers put the comments they rated as helpful in their plans
- whether writers put comments endorsed by the instructor in their plans
By tuning into the feedback writer’s plan to use, instructors are better able to coach revision this time and better able to coach helpful feedback next time.