Bringing new technologies into the classroom is challenging. You not only need to learn how the new technology works but also need to learn how to use it effectively.
- Setting up the Eli Review App
- Incorporating Eli Review into Your Classroom
- Resources for Digging Deeper
Setting Up the Eli Review App
Once you’ve decided that you want to use Eli Review, creating an account and starting a course are incredibly easy. Just go to https://app.elireview.com and follow these steps:
- Create an account – learn more or create one now.
- Start a new course.
- If you’re a new instructor, start your free trial*.
- Direct students to sign up and, if necessary, purchase a subscription**.
- From the course roster, get a unique code to share with students, who’ll use it to enroll.
- Design tasks and assign them to students.
* Free trials – new instructors can start a free trial that will give students complete access for two weeks without buying a subscription. Learn more about free trials.
** About subscriptions – Eli Review is a subscription-based service. Some schools purchase subscriptions in bulk for students; if not, students purchase subscriptions individually. Learn more about subscriptions or contact us for additional information.
Incorporating Eli Review Into Your Classroom
When you invite a technology into your classroom, you invite its pedagogy too. Eli Review is both a tool and a writing pedagogy.
Melissa Meeks, our director of professional development, is eager to consult with teachers looking to get great results with Eli Review. But, if you’re looking to get started on your own, here are three small, achievable goals, and the steps you can take to reach them:
|Small, Achievable Goals||Steps You Can Take|
Melissa goes deeper into these simple steps on our blog. There are many pathways to success using Eli Review, but these are some first steps you can try on your own.
Resources for Digging Deeper
There are a variety of resources available that can help you learn more about the pedagogy that drives Eli Review, how to use the technology that drives the app, or explore other resources:
- Get a brief introduction to How Eli Works
- Go deeper into the details with the instructor walkthrough and student walkthrough.
You can also find human support to help you learn how to use Eli Review effectively. You can contact Melissa Meeks, Eli’s director of professional development, and:
- get a tutorial about how Eli works and how it might work in your classroom;
- schedule a series of conference calls throughout the term;
- identify one or two instructors to work closely with Melissa to design a library of tasks for your institution and then to mentor other instructors on-campus.
Have any additional questions about how to use Eli Review? Contact us at email@example.com.