Workshop: Improve Your Pitch for Peer Learning
This free online professional development workshop helps instructors accomplish two goals:
- see how Eli Review works
- improve their own explanations for peer learning.
Participants share a syllabus blurb or talking points for explaining the value of peer feedback to students. They give feedback to colleagues from around the country, get feedback, and use feedback to plan a revision. Facilitator Melissa Graham Meeks, PhD, director of professional development at Eli Review, also provides feedback on revision plans.
To join the week-long workshop, follow these instructions:
- Go to app.elireview.com
- Login or create an account.
- Choose “Student Dashboard.”
- In the course code box, type: catsup398metros and then click Join Course.
- Click on the title of the course to enter it, and click on the title of the task to begin.
About the Workshop
There are no synchronous meetings.The workshop takes about 20 minutes per day. The deadlines are 11:45 PM Eastern.
- Monday – Read and watch our resources about formative feedback and review task design.
Write a short statement about the value of peer learning to be shared in your own classes.
- Tuesday – Review the statements of colleagues who are also participating in the course.
- Wednesday – Watch a video where the facilitator provides whole class feedback using Eli’s analytics.
- Thursday – Submit a revision plan.
- Friday – Participants will receive feedback on their revision plans from facilitator and be enrolled as co-instructors so that they can explore the course on their own.