Peer Learning Workshop
This free online professional development workshop during October 14-18, 2019, helps instructors accomplish two goals:
- see how Eli Review works
- improve their own explanations for #PeerLearning.
Participants share a syllabus blurb or talking points for explaining the value of peer feedback to students. They give feedback to colleagues from around the country, get feedback, and use feedback to plan a revision. Facilitator Melissa Graham Meeks, PhD, director of professional development at Eli Review, also provides feedback on revision plans.
More than 200 faculty across the disciplines completed this workshop in 2018. Past participants say that seeing Eli from both sides changed the way they design peer review tasks.
To sign-up for the workshop, follow these instructions:
- Go to app.elireview.com
- Login or create an account.
- Choose “Student Dashboard.”
- In the course code box, type: blurbs145sonars and then click Join Course.
- Click on the title the course to enter it, and click on the title of the task to begin.
Note: To be included in the review, your writing task must be submitted by 9 AM Eastern on October 15.
About the Workshop
The workshop is about 20 minutes per day, and the deadlines are 11:45 PM Eastern.
There are no synchronous meetings.
- Monday, October 14, 2019 –
- Read and watch our resources about formative feedback and review task design.
- Write a short statement about the value of peer learning to be shared in your own classes.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 – Review the statements of colleagues who are also participating in the course.
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 – Watch the facilitator use Eli’s analytics to debrief the feedback exchanged during review.
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 – Submit a revision plan.
- Friday, October 18, 2019 – Participants will receive feedback on their revision plans from facilitator and be enrolled as co-instructors so that they can explore the course on their own.